NVR Privacy Notice
Last updated: 2023-05-17
NVR, Inc., which includes the following brands, Ryan Homes, NVHomes, and Heartland Homes, (collectively, “NVR” “we”, “us, “our”) respects your privacy and values the relationship we have with you. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes the types of personal information we collect about you when you (i) visit our websites, (ii) visit our homes (i.e., when you visit one of our model homes) or (iii) otherwise contact or interact with us in connection with our products or services. This Notice also describes how we may use your personal information, with whom we may share the information, and the choices that are available to you regarding our use of the information . This Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of your personal information and how to contact us about our privacy practices.
NVR may collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you visit our websites or our model homes. The types of personal information may include:
- Your contact information, such as your name, email address and phone number.
- Your state, county or zip code along with information about your home preferences, such as price range, square footage and property type, when you provide such information to search for a home on our websites or with our Sales Representatives.
- Your marital status and your military or veteran status if you choose to purchase a home with us.
- Information you submit through web forms on our websites or when you use interactive features of our websites. For example, when you provide information using the live chat feature on our websites or when we collect answers to questions you provide through the “Contact Us” feature on our websites.
- Information you share when you interact with our Customer Care Team or Sales Representatives. For example, when we work to find the best home for you, we may collect additional personal information about you, such as your buying preferences, communities of interest, or other information required to provide a service you have requested.
- Information you share when you participate in surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes;
- We also may collect personal information from you when you interact with our social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, which may include your name and email address along with your comment. In some instances, we may communicate with you through these social media pages and may collect the information that you provide in response to such communications. This Notice does not cover the privacy and security practices of these social media sites.
Information we collect from you may be combined with information we obtain about you by automated means (as further detailed below), such as website usage details stored in cookies on your browser.
Information We Obtain By Automated Means: When you visit our websites, interact with our social media pages, or open our emails, we and our third-party service providers may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your device, type of device, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of visits to our websites. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our websites; (3) tailor our websites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our websites and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our websites and help ensure they are working properly. Our websites and emails include features that may collect different types of location information. Our websites may allow you to search for our nearest homes. If you access one of our websites through a mobile device and you have enabled location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop device, you may be able to choose to have your browser provide us your location information to respond to your request. The specificity of the desktop device location information can vary depending on the browser you are using and how you are connected to the Internet. Our emails also may use your IP Address to determine the postal code where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of our nearby homes. The specificity of the location can vary depending on the device used to open our emails.
Our websites are not designed to respond to “do no track” signals from browsers. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
Some of the ways we may use personal information collected from or about you include:
- Understanding more about you so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allowing you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Providing you personalized views of website content areas.
- Enabling you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker.
- Sending you questionnaires or surveys for us to provide better products and services to our customers and end users.
- Communicating with you about contests, sweepstakes or other marketing promotional activities (a “Promotion”).
- Communicating with you regarding feedback or support questions you may have, including through the live chat feature on our websites, and maintaining and using transcripts of communications.
- Responding to any recruitment inquiries.
- Protecting against and prevent fraud, unauthorized activities, claims and other liabilities.
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, services and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies and terms, including our Terms and Conditions.
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics: We may use third-party analytics services on our websites, such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics to evaluate the use of our websites. The information we obtain through our websites may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit Google's Privacy and Terms Page and Google's opt-out help page. To learn more about Adobe Analytics or to opt-out of Adobe Analytics cookies set to facilitate reporting, please visit Adobe's Privacy Center and Adobe's Opt-out help page.
We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies (such as NVR Mortgage and NVR Settlement Services) for the purpose of providing current or future products or services to you. We may share your personal information with service providers and other entities to perform certain services on our behalf based on our instructions, such as web and database hosting, business, professional, advertising or technical support and data analytics. If you choose to use the live chat feature on our websites, the live chat conversation may be monitored and recorded, including by us or our affiliates, subsidiaries or vendors, including our Live Chat vendor. If you choose to enter into one of our Promotions, we may disclose your personal information to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotions, as required by law, as permitted by the Promotion’s official rules or as otherwise in accordance with the terms of this Notice. In addition, we may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent. We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, loan sale or liquidation).
For your convenience and information, our websites may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (e.g., social plug-ins from Facebook, Instagram and YouTube). When you access one of our websites containing a third-party feature, the third-party provider may obtain certain information through cookies or other automated means, such as IP address, identifiers associated with your device, web browser and device characteristics, and dates and times of visits to our websites. In addition, if you are logged into your account with the third-party provider when you interact with the provider’s feature on our websites, the provider may link this information and any data you enter to your account with the provider. These online services and third-party features operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
Updates and Preferences: If you would like to update your contact information, please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. Also, you can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by selecting the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails or contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. We will apply your preferences going forward. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional messages from us.
Virginia Rights: If you are a Virginia resident and you use our products or services or otherwise interact with us in an individual or household capacity (and not in a commercial or employment context), you have the right to request:
- Access to your personal information;
- Deletion of your personal information;
- Correction of your personal information;
- A portable copy of personal information you previously provided to us; and
- Opt-out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising.
If you are a Virginia resident, please use our privacy rights request form to submit an access, deletion, correction or portability request to our Privacy Team or appeal our decision with respect to a request you have previously submitted
NVR maintains administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Our websites are not intended for children under the age of 13 and do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
This Notice may be updated periodically and to reflect changes in our privacy practices. We will post a notice on our websites to notify you of significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
Questions about this Notice or our privacy practices may be directed to [email protected].